Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is Aquaphalt™?
- What Is Aquaphalt™ Used For?
- How Is Aquaphalt™ Better Than Other Asphalt Patch Or Repair Products?
- How Long Does Aquaphalt™ Take To Set Up?
- Can I Apply A Seal Coat On Top Of Aquaphalt™?
- How Long Does Aquaphalt™ Last?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Aquaphalt™?
- How Should I Store Aquaphalt™?
- How Is Aquaphalt™ “Environmentally Friendly?”
- What Is In Aquaphalt™?
- Why Does Aquaphalt™ Come In Different Sizes?
- How Do You Install Aquaphalt™?
- What Is The Optimum Amount Of Water To Be Added To Aquaphalt™ To Assure Peak Performance?
- Does Aquaphalt™ Come In Bulk, Or Just Buckets?
- What is the coverage rate of Aquaphalt?
- Is Aquaphalt™ Approved By Any State D.O.T.S?
- How Can I Become A Re-Seller Of Aquaphalt™?
- What Kind Of Warranty Does Aquaphalt™ Offer?
Aquaphalt is an environmentally friendly permanent repair material for asphalt and concrete road surfaces.
Aquaphalt is used for repairing potholes, pavement damage, parking lots, utility cuts, tennis courts, walkways, bridge joints, manhole restorations and driveways. It is easy to use and leaves you with a permanent repair.
In three simple ways:
- PERMANENCE Aquaphalt is stronger than the surrounding material, unlike conventional cold patch asphalt
products which never deliver a truly permanent repair.
- COST EFFECTIVENESS Aquaphalt actually saves you time and money by eliminating costly repeat repairs.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY Aquaphalt contains no toxic solvents or VOCs, making it friendlier to the environment.
In normal conditions Aquaphalt’s proprietary binder reacts with water within 15 minutes and roadway repairs can be opened to normal traffic upon completion of work. In fact, road traffic actually helps with final compaction of the product. Within 24 hours, the repair is completely set up and permanent.
Yes. If using a sealer, wait 24 hours for Aquaphalt to set up completely.
Aquaphalt is the only truly permanent repair. The repair will be stronger than the surrounding material, and typically outlasts the surrounding material. Existing repairs in Europe are more than 10 years old and still performing well.
Aquaphalt reacts with water — and it will also react with moisture in the air. Therefore, shelf life of an open container depends on how well the package is resealed and humidity in its environment. An open container will get hard with ambient air in a matter of days; a sealed container will last at least a year or more.
Store Aquaphalt in a cool, dry place and avoid freezing temperatures. Lengthy exposure to hot temperatures may cause liquid to settle at the bottom of the container. It is advisable to invert the container when carrying it to the job site (ie: you can put it in your truck upside-down). If the product freezes, allow it to thaw before use.
Unlike other asphalt repair products containing toxic solvents, Aquaphalt has a proprietary, plant-based binder which is completely safe to the environment and contains absolutely no VOCs. Aquaphalt is a virtual food grade product...but we advise against eating it!
Aquaphalt is comprised of traditional aggregate (stone) and a proprietary, plant-based binder and vegetable oil. When the binder reacts with plain water during application, it sets up to form a permanent repair.
Aquaphalt comes in a 9.0mm size, a 6.0mm size, and a 4.0mm size. The different sizes indicate the maximum aggregate size of the stone in the product. The larger size (the 9.0mm) is best for forming base layers in holes deeper than 4 inches. The medium size (the 6.0mm) is best for smooth surface layers or filling smaller holes. The smaller size (the 4.0mm) is best for filling cracks and skim coating.
It is simple. First, clean any loose debris out of the damaged area. If there remains a bit of water left in the hole, do not worry, the new material will displace it and residual water will help with the reaction. Open the bucket and pour the Aquaphalt into the hole. If it is a particularly large or deep hole, compact the repair in layers of 2 inches deep until the area is full. Level the material, then pour plain water onto the entire surface of your Aquaphalt, covering your material. Lastly, compact the material well. PLEASE VISIT WWW.AQUAPHALT.COM FOR OUR SIMPLE INSTALLATION VIDEO, PICTURES, AND MORE!
One gallon of water per bucket.
Only BUCKETS. Because of Aquaphalt’s unique proprietary binder, it reacts with water to form a permanent repair, and therefore must be store in its sealed bucket until use. We are considering alternative packaging, so please talk to us about your packaging preferences.
One 55 pound bucket of Aquaphalt will cover approximately 5 square feet at 1 inch thick.
Yes! Aquaphalt is approved by the DOTs in Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Contact us, email us at email@example.com or go to www.aquaphalt.com for more information.
Check our website www.aquaphalt.com for complete warranty information.